Rex 900 Firewood Processor - the benchmark for bulk processing
The design of the Rex 900 Firewood Processor has revolutionised the industry - guaranteeing very high output with very low overheads. Designed and built in Australia, the Rex 900 has a proven reputation for good design, efficiency & reliability. Powered by a fuel efficient 50hp Deutz engine, the Rex 900 will split and load up to 15m3 of the toughest Australian hardwood per hour, with only one operator.
In 2020, the Rex 900 design was upgraded. The re-design has taken just over a year to complete, with the first machines leaving the factory recently. The improvements were focused on the block feed conveyor & the chassis layout. The upgraded conveyer now features an innovative steel cleat system that automatically feeds blocks in increments under the blade for splitting, producing a much better sample of split wood with less wastage and less operator input. Additionally, the legs are now adjusted hydraulically, making the set up process more efficient; and the outfeed elevator has been upgraded to 9.5m long – which also features a hydraulic winch.
The Rex 900 is considered to be a ‘semi-automatic’ firewood processor. Blocks are loaded into the hopper first. Next they are carried towards the blade by the steel cleat conveyor. The operator stands between the hopper and the blade, arranging the blocks on the conveyor to feed underneath the blade at the correct rate. The multi head blade cycles automatically every 5 seconds splitting up to 5 or 6 pieces of timber per cycle, which is then carried away for stockpiling (or loading) on the 9.5m outfeed conveyor. The fines & rubbish are sorted from the wood as it falls over the griddle, resulting in a consistent sample of clean wood ready for sale. Importantly, the operator’s working environment is safe, as they are well clear of the splitting zone. This machine is WorkCover compliant making it ideal for firewood businesses who are seeking to reduce their liability.
The Rex 900 features an over specified hydraulic system, built with off the shelf components. Since the first prototype in 2003 it has earned a reputation for reliability & productivity with almost 100 units in use across Australia and New Zealand – most with thousands of hours of trouble free operation.
PROUDLY MADE IN AUSTRALIA: Designed and built in our Victorian workshop with quality components
- PRODUCTION POSSIBILITY: Up to 15 cubic meters per hour
- SPLITTING FORCE: 31 tons splitting force
- CYCLE TIME: 5 seconds (automatic)
- ENGINE: 50hp Deutz, 3 cylinder air-oil cooled diesel.
- FUEL: 60 litre tank.
- ENGINE WARRANTY: All engines backed by comprehensive manufacturers warranty
- PUMPS: Galtech hydraulic pumps
- RAM: High quality Australian made 5 inch ram with 3 inch rod
- OIL RESERVOIR: 350 litre oil reservoir
- BUILT TO LAST: Proven heavy duty construction with minimal maintenance required.
- WARRANTY: Six month commercial warranty on frame. All other parts covered by own manufacturers warranty
- TOWING: Dual axles - 16 inch Land Cruiser wheels + tow hitch for yard towing
- DIMENSIONS: Weight 5000kg / Height 3m / Width 2.35m / Length 8.8m (16.5 with elevator)
- INFEED HOPPER: Capacity is 4 cubic meters. The hopper is filled with blocked firewood with a loader.
- ELEVATOR: 9.5 meter elevator with rough top belt. Griddle and griddle tray (to remove rubbish) are fitted standard.
- MOBILITY: Fully self contained and yard towable
- BLADE: Proven guillotine/multi blade splitting system can split up to six pieces at a time resulting in unmatched efficiency & extremely high output. Blade cycles automatically producing an excellent sample of split wood with little wastage.
- CONTROLS: Simple controls with no electronics.
- EASE OF USE: Automated feed minimises block handling
- OPERATOR SAFETY: the operator’s working environment is safe, as they are well clear of the splitting zone. This machine is WorkCover compliant making it ideal for firewood businesses who are seeking to reduce their liability.
- SAFETY COMMUNICATION: All machines come with a detailed operator manual which includes operator training, maintenance recommendations & risk assessment.
- READY TO ORDER? Please contact us to order a machine. Your machine will be built to order.
- TRADING TERMS: A deposit is required to confirm your order and to secure a place in our manufacturing schedule. Full payment is required before the machine is collected or freighted.
- FINANCE: If you need finance please contact us, we can make a recommendation based on your requirements.
- FREIGHT: Through a network of freight depots Whitlands Engineering can organise economical freight to most places. We will advise & quote to your requirements when the order is confirmed.
Compare the Options
|COMPARE OUR MACHINES||DOMESTIC||FARM/AGRO||HIRE & RENTAL||SEMI COMMERCIAL||COMMERICAL||BULK|
|REX 600 & 600 X|
|REX LOG SAWS (ALL)|