REX 600 & 600 X FIREWOOD PROCESSORS
|The Rex 600 firewood processor combines the best of both worlds: the efficient multi-head blade from the larger Rex 900 Firewood Processor, on a compact, towable firewood processor. The Rex 600 is available in two models: The standard 600, and the 600 X, which features an inbuilt infeed hopper. Designed for commercial operations, both of these machines will dramatically increase your profit margin by increasing production efficiency and reducing labour input.Download the Rex Firewood Brochure PDF|
600 AND 600 X
The Rex 600 is the standard model – featuring the multi head blade on a towable base. This model utilises a hydraulic log lifter (with rollers) as the infeed mechanism – and therefore is most efficient with two people. The 600 X model features a built-in infeed hopper in place of the log lifter. This machine is efficient with only one person as the blocks are fed automatically.
- Designed and manufactured in Australia. Whitlands Engineering only uses quality components sourced through reputable local distributors and manufactures. All machines are built from scratch in our workshop in north east Victoria.
- Awesome production – 8 – 12m3 / hour (based on 2 people working the base 600 model, and 1 person operating the 600 X)
- Easy and safe to operate
- Excellent sample of split wood
- Tried and proven splitting principle
- Work Cover compliant
- Fold out elevator with rough top belt & electric winch
- Heavy duty construction
- Minimal maintenance
- 6 months commercial warranty
- 2 years engine warranty
- Rego Kit optional on both machines
REX 600 BASE MODEL
The standard Rex 600 model is the ideal solution for those entering the bulk firewood processing market, or upgrading from the Superaxe and Aussie Chopper machines. The 600 features the multi-head blade seen on the Rex 900 – on a smaller, towable base. A hydraulic log lifter with rollers to lift the blocks to the operator. This machine is powered by a robust 37hp Yanmar engine and features a 6 second cycle time and 4.0 meter fold out rough top elevator fitted as standard. A 5 meter elevator fitted with a sorting griddle is available as an option for the Rex600. Both of these elevators are now fitted electric winches as standard.
Designed for commercial operations, this machine will dramatically increase profit margin by increasing production efficiency and reducing labour input.
Whitlands Engineering estimates that with two operators, the output of this machine is 8-12 cubic meters per hour
REX 600 X: WITH INTEGRATED INFEED HOPPER
The Rex 600 X model features a built-in infeed hopper in place of the log lifter. This effectively halves labour input as the blocks are fed to the operator automatically. The hopper holds 3.5 cubic meters of blocked timber – and is filled via loader – where the conveyor belt feeds the blocks directly to the operator. The Rex 600X is fitted with the innovative and safe (auto return) double handed control system and easily accessed conveyor controls. The Rex 600X can also be fitted with a registration kit for safe and legal road towing.
Whitlands Engineering estimates that with one operator the output of this machine is 8 – 12 cubic meters per hour
REX600 X ELEVATOR SPECS
The standard elevator fitted to the 600X is 5m long and is fitted with a griddle to sort the fines and chips out of the wood. The Rex 600X can also be fitted out with a registration kit for safe towing. Longer elevators are available as an option to cater for loading into higher sided vehicles. Longer lengths of 6, 7 and 8 meters are available with larger capacity electric winches fitted and extendable outriggers also fitted to ensure machine stability while the elevator is in its working position. The 8 meter elevator when folded into its travel position is too tall be legally towed on the road and would need to be disassembled for transport.
- 600 base model with TWO operator estimated at 8- 12 cubic meters per hour
- 600 X model with ONE operator estimated at 8-12 cubic meters per hour
- Both models feature the multi head blade with a 6 second cycle time
- Maximum block size: 900 diameter x 450 high
- 37hp Yanmar 3 cylinder liquid cooled diesel engine – with options to install other diesel engines on request
- 140 L Hydraulic Oil Tank
- Both machines feature double handed control with auto-return mechanism for maximum safety & efficiency
- Rex 600 base model: 4.0 meter elevator with rough top belt
- Rex 600 X model: 5.0 meter elevator with rough top belt with standard griddle
- Top Quality Alford 4.5” Australian made ram / 3″Rod (26 ton)
- Massive undertable construction built for a lifetime of trouble free use
- Generous 1500mm wide x 650mm deep table for efficient wood handling
- Tried and tested ergonomic design – ideal working bench height: no bending, lifting or straining
- Hydraulic log lifter with rollers; 200kg capacity on 600 base model – saves your back!
- Heavy duty bench top rollers enable easy manoeuvring of blocks
- Towing made easy with quality 15″ Landcruiser wheels
- Robust leg stands for stability
- Approved 50mm cast iron coupling
- Weatherproof canister to store comprehensive operators manual on the machine
- Double handed control with auto-return system meets all Work Cover regulations covering all aspects of operator safety.
- Rex 600: L3700 x W1800 x H2700; Weight 1700kg
- Rex 600 X: L7000 x W2100 x H2700; Weight 2700kg